Thank you for visiting our Admissions Page. We are honored to be considered.
Please follow the steps below.
1. Be Informed. Attend an information session and learn about our mission, our commitment, our philosophy and our beliefs. You’ll be able to talk to the EMA Team and Panthers to learn about our core values and practices so that you will be more equipped to decide whether or not EMA is a “good fit” for you and your lifelong learner.
Information Sessions are scheduled as follows:
2. Visit & Observe OR “Try EMA for a Day”. Join us for a tour during the school day. Get a sense whether EMA is the appropriate learning environment for your child. Expect the tour and your Q&A to last approximately 30 minutes.
Click here to set up a time to visit and observe, or click here to set up an “EMA for a Day” experience for your child. This will be offered again in the new school year. Thank you!
3. Complete the appropriate introductory quiz.
4. Interview. An EMA team member will contact you to schedule an appointment.
5. Once your learner has been offered a spot, please submit the following documents:
- Enrollment Application (complete online or print) PLEASE NOTE: There is a one-time, non-refundable Enrollment Fee of $35 and a non-refundable annual registration fee of $250.
- Parent Survey (complete online or print)
- Emergency Form (print only)
- Copy of Immunization Record (NC State Law Requirement – see §130A-152-157)
- Sliding Scale Tuition Program Request Form (complete online or print)
- Student Records:
Click the link to request student records from DPS or CHCCS. Or, if coming from another school, please use the Request for Release of Student Records Form (print only) to obtain a Copy of Student Records/Transcripts.
Homeschoolers, please provide a record/transcript of independent studies, co-op classes, online courses, and/or any evidence of learning experiences. Any proof of work or mastery may be submitted (e.g. portfolio, Khan reports, blog, etc.,).
Our Non-Discrimination Policy
Empowered Minds Academy, admits students of any race, color, or national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at EMA. EMA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin, in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, and any other school-administered programs.
We are honored to be considered!